By : James Yougler - Published On: April 23, 2017
Back pain is a common condition that afflicts many people. In fact, this type of problem can be brought on by bad habits which make it quite common for people around the globe. It can also be caused by accidents that damage the back area, or muscle strain due to heavy exercise or sports. While back pain is common enough and can usually be alleviated by eliminating certain habits or eventually seeking the advice of a doctor, there are certain types of back pain that require serious and immediate medical attention.
Common types of back pain that people experience:
- An ache or a feeling of stiffness along the spine.
- Localized pain in the upper or lower back.
- Constant pain in the upper or lower back when sitting or standing for a prolonged period of time.
- Back pain that starts from the lower back and seems to pulse downwards.
- Pain when standing straight.
Go to your doctor immediately:
- When you feel numbness or a tingling feeling along your arms or legs.
- When you feel pain that starts from the back and continues to your legs.
- When back pain is much worse when you bend or cough. This can signal a herniated disc.
- When back pain is accompanied by a burning feeling during urination, or fever.
- When back pain is accompanied by bowel or bladder problems.
Back pain is a common problem indeed, but there are certain symptoms that require immediate attention by the doctor as they may signal a spine problem. Nevertheless, to be on the safe side you must always consult your doctor when any pain is experienced in the back.